Saturday, March 26, 2011

Amber Chia's 'Surprise' 29th Birthday Party in December 2010

Amber Chia’s staff, friends and family threw a surprise 29th birthday party mid December 2010 at The Scot’s, Jaya One Petaling Jaya.

But was the birthday girl really surprised?

L1140267.JPG

Birthday girl Amber Chia giving a good blow job

L1140267.JPG
Mr and Mrs Amber and Adrian Wong with cake shaped as Amber's famous bee stung lips.

L1140267.JPG

Amber and her favourite writer Kee Hua Chee

It is always difficult not to let the cat out of the bag when throwing a party of a hundred guests while hoping the birthday celebrant has no inkling of the impending surprise. But what is a party unless laced with controversy?

First her age. Some avowed she was turning 30 or worse, 32, but the birthday girl insisted she was all of 29 and offered to show her passport except she had left it at home. I knew Amber when she was 18 but that was around ten years ago or thereabouts so she should be under 30 as she is a few years younger than me.

Second, was she really ‘surprised’? As someone remarked drily, “Amber is not just a supermodel, she is also a actress!” Well that's a great achievement I would think. I always want to be great writer and actor too. One should always be multi talented.

L1140267.JPG

Amber arriving at The Scots

L1140267.JPG

Looking suitably shocked and surprised at the barrage of flashing lights from the Chinese media.

L1140267.JPG

Top model with Michael from Celebrity Fitness

L1140267.JPG

Top, tall and lanky model Ahya

L1140267.JPG

Jay, Benjamin Toong and Jasmine.

L1140267.JPG

My baby was just this big...

L1140267.JPG

Amber Chia with handsome sexy hunk Beshoo

L1140267.JPG

Me with top model Adrian Loh

L1140267.JPG

Three good lookers

L1140267.JPG

Two handsome models, guess which one won Best Male Model organised by Amber Chia last year?

L1140267.JPG

Amber Chia and her family. Her mother is second from left. Notice the resemblance?

L1140267.JPG

A re-enactment of Adrian proposing to Amber by models from her Amber Studio model agency.

L1140267.JPG

This was how Amber and Adrian got hitched as her models acted out the romantic scene. They did not recreate the scene when baby Ashton was made though.

L1140267.JPG

Winner of Ford Supermodel Contest Kelly Jagan acting the role of a pregnant Amber Chia as bemused guests looked on in fascination.

L1140267.JPG

For the finale, the real baby Ashton was produced! The guests were stunned and so was Amber or at least she looked flummoxed!

L1140267.JPG

Amber holding her baby Ashton. The bridal couple were models playing her role.

L1140267.JPG

Adrian and Amber with Ashton with Amber's family.The A listers!

L1140267.JPG

So lovey dovey!

L1140267.JPG

What a matching couple; Beshoo and Kelly Jagan.


Explained catwalk guru from Amber Chia Academy Benjamin Toong without blinking an eyelid, “We told Amber to come at 7.30pm to her office a stone’s throw from The Scot’s bar as we would be throwing a small dinner for her as otherwise she might not turn up. So we are all waiting now for Amber who is on her way."

So Amber arrived in red sportster and entered The Scot’s (thought she was supposed to go to her office?) amid the flashes of cameras video cameras from the entire Chinese media. “Oh I am shocked! I am so surprised! Thank you, thank you! I never expect this!” she squealed and pressed her bosom in classic Hollywood fashion. She looked like she was about to pass out but managed to walk towards her birthday cake shaped like her pouty, bee-stung lips.

“I didn’t know about this big party! I thought only my staff throwing me the party. I didn’t know they invited my friends also!” exclaimed Amber convincingly. I clapped at this display of wide-eyed innocence. So sweet and naive she looked, this new mother of baby Ashton!

“My birthday wish is good health to my new born son Ashton Wong Jin Way who is today two and half months old. This is my first birthday as a mother and I don’t want anything else but a happy family with my husband Adrian.

“Earlier this afternoon I was shopping at Pavilion and all I bought were baby clothes for Ashton and some shirts for Adrian. My views on life have changed and I am now a different person. I don’t think only of myself as my family come first now. I don’t need anything for myself as I have thankfully recovered my figure due to S2. I am now 52 kg. Of course I will be launching Ashton’s modelling career as we are now a package deal, hahaha! I also told Adrian we must save for Ashton’s education and university so we are into longterm planning!” declared the supermum.

“Finally we would like to have Ashley into our life! Well, Ashley my daughter is not born yet but we are planning to have another baby, hopefully in 2012 and hopefully it will be a girl! I want to name her Ashley as we already have Ashton!”

AMBER THROUGH THE AGES

The highlight was a fun and funny presentation of Amber’s highlights for the past dozen years. Born in Kuala Selangor she grew up in poverty in Tawau, Sabah before returning to Kuala Lumpur seeking fame and fortune with RM 120 in her pocket. In other words, the show was a mini-show of her from Ah Lien to Supermodel!

Fifteen models from Amber Chia Academy participated, each representing Amber during a particular stage of her life, starting from being a covergirl for the January 2001 issue of Style Infinity, a now defunct magazine. “Amber was so hot and too glam for the poor magazine which soon folded!” explained emcee Benjamin Toong. Large TV screens showed video clips of Amber’s achievements so guests knew what to expect.

The models even applied lipstick over their mouth outlines to exaggerate and make them bigger and thicker like Amber’s! One by one, a model acted as Amber when she won GUESS watch model of the year 2004 to her stint in Taipei as Audrey lingerie model to setting up Amber Creations to organising Ford Supermodel of the Year 2009 to producing her best selling book written by me Kee Hua Chee which remained on the Best Seller list for weeks on end! But of course la since I wrote it what!

She appeared in a sexy calendar of her own but nothing scandalous of course since this is Malaysia and we respect our laws and culture. As an animal lover, she participated in PETA’s ‘Keep Wildlife Free’ programme last February 2010.

Ford Supermodel Malaysian winner Kelly Jagan appeared as a pregnant Amber and the finale stunned everyone when a real baby was carried out! Amber leaped from her seat in astonishment as she had just left her baby at home!

“This is the actual Ashton! Not a doll, ok!” announced Benjamin Toong as everyone squealed and shrieked in amazement.

The more critical guests wondered how the models wore the exact same outfits worn by Amber Chia all these years ago, giving credence Amber knew in advance her ‘surprise’ birthday bash.

Squeaked Benjamin Toong emphatically, "No, she didn’t! Jasmine and I went to Amber’s home when she was away in Kota Kinabalu to judge a model contest! We ransacked her wardrobes and entire bedroom looking for her old clothes. in fact, Amber’s mum watched us like a hawk as she probably thought we were stealing her clothes though we explained to her in detail and made her promised not to tell Amber.”

Coming from a poor family with hands-me-down, Amber never throws old clothes away and certainly kept those she wore on special occasions. I come from a fabulously rich family (OK just rich) but I also never throw my old clothes away and simply store them till they come back into fashion! what goes around comes around you know.

Amber was teary-eyed after the show. “I am so touched as I never expected such an elaborate show from my students. They put in so much effort. The show brought back so many memories, a few I had almost forgotten! I will cherish this show forever as it was like watching a movie on me!”

For sure one day soon there will be a biopic on Amber starring Amber.

Sony and Philips sponsored the lucky draws, none of which I won but I am not Sour Grapes so will mention their names even though I did not win a single iron or kettle or shaver!